Skaya Art Agency, a Dubai-based boutique art consultancy, will participate in the ninth edition of World Art Dubai (WAD), the region’s largest contemporary retail art fair, from Thursday 9th to Sunday 12th March 2023. The consultancy will exhibit unique artwork from several artists in their roster and will host two informative presentations on understanding the dynamics of the art market and educating upcoming artists about essential documents for kickstarting their careers.
WAD will return this March with its biggest art-filled event to date and will unite more than 300 local and international exhibitors from more than 60 countries at Dubai World Trade Centre. The four-day art fair will showcase diverse, accessible and original art under one roof, from emerging artists to established talent and invites visitors to browse more than 4,000 artworks and immerse themselves in a non-stop schedule of experiential art activations, engaging live art performances and curated art talks and workshops.
Visitors can view artwork and interact with the following artists from Skaya Art.
Anna Chekh – Exhibit stand number: LA04
Anna Chekh is a Ukrainian contemporary artist who uses various mediums while embracing technology and interactive art. From acrylic paintings and digital art to NFTs and live performances, her art combines contemporary surrealism with expressionism to showcase social topics through cartoonish characters. She believes that an artist should restore energy to society and aims to positively influence viewers through her artwork. She recently displayed ‘The Shadow Man’ exhibition in Roasters Specialty Coffee House in Jumeirah until 23rd February showcasing her distinctive art style of a shadow man that portrays society’s want of experiencing everything while staying unknown. Anna’s paintings have been displayed in Dubai, Tokyo and Barcelona, and held in international galleries and private collections in the USA, Germany, Italy and Ukraine.
Maria Lys – Exhibit stand number: LA04A
Maria Lys is a Ukrainian contemporary artist who utilizes traditional painting methods, fluid art techniques, epoxy resin as well as gold and silver leaves to create unique pieces that play with colour and appeal to viewers’ subconscious. Having been exposed to art since childhood, she believes that artists are conductors of higher energy and uses her painting as a tool for expressing her innermost feelings and experiences. Maria is currently displaying her ‘Luna’ exhibition at BOCCARA Gallery in Gate Avenue, DIFC, until 28th February presenting multiple perspectives of the sun and moon representing multilayered emotions, harmonized energy and wellbeing. Maria’s paintings have been displayed in Dubai and held in international galleries and private collections in the USA, Germany, Italy and Ukraine.
Alexandra Namuh – Exhibit stand number: LA05
Alexandra Namuh (artist name) is a contemporary artist from Cyprus. Currently residing and working in the United Arab Emirates, she focuses on studying the uniqueness of human memory, and the influence of memories on the narrative, touching on the themes of instability and fragility. Through her paintings, Alexandra incorporates her identity and cultural affiliation. Holding two BAs in fine art, Alexandra is also an art expert, advisor and gallery curator. She manages various artists from all across the world, helping them to understand the art market and create prominent names in the art field as an executive assistant at Skaya Art Agency and Inloco Gallery, both in Dubai.
Visitors can witness the following presentations from Skaya Art.
Presentation Topic: YOUR SIMPLE GUIDE TO THE ART MARKET
- Date and Time: 9th March (Thursday) 3:15 pm to 3:45 pm (30 mins)
- Details: The presentation will provide a short introduction to art gallery management, including understanding the art market, the different types of art spaces, and how they function.
- Speaker: Anastasia Kopijevski
- Speaker Bio: Anastasia Kopijevski, founder of Skaya Art Agency and director of Inloco Gallery, Dubai. After completing a degree in business/economics and hospitality from the University of South Florida, Anastasia initially pursued the banking industry and held a role as a loan officer with Advantage One, a USA-based credit union, and correspondent lender. Before transitioning fully into the art industry, Anastasia also dabbled in the New York fashion industry in 2007 as a head of sales and in 2013 as the creative director for a casual wear line. Armed with investment and client asset management expertise, she completed a course in curating at Sotheby’s Institute of Art in London and began her path in the contemporary art field. Currently, she operates as an art dealer, running a Dubai-based personal art agency (Skaya Art), and is the director of Inloco Gallery – a street art-oriented contemporary gallery in Dubai.
Presentation Topic: THREE DOCUMENTS TO BECOME A CONFIDENT AND SUCCESSFUL ARTIST
- Date and Time: 12th March (Sunday) – 2:45 pm to 3:15 pm (30 mins)
- Details: The presentation will provide an understanding of how artists can competently build a CV, Artist Statement and Portfolio to feel confident in the art field and enhance their exposure. It will also discuss where to look for open-call offers and applications and how to apply to become a successful and well-known artist.
- Speaker: Alexandra Ovcharenko
- Speaker Bio: Holding two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Fine Art, Alexandra Ovcharenko is an art expert, advisor and gallery curator. She manages various artists from all across the world, helping them to understand the art market and create prominent names in the art field as an executive assistant at Skaya Art Agency and Inloco Gallery, both in Dubai. She is also a Dubai-based contemporary artist focusing on studying the uniqueness of human memory, and the influence of memories on the narrative, touching on the themes of instability and fragility.
Offering bespoke and multi-disciplinary art specialist services alongside its roster of represented artists, Skaya Art is propelling the UAE’s creative industry curatorial expertise while facilitating all aspects for gallery exhibits and beyond. Key services include curatorial advice for on-site specific commissions, and multi-stage exhibition steps. This covers planning and artist development, art acquisition, logistical coordination, collection management, and installation, leading to thoughtfully curated exhibits that engage with the community.
Attendees of WAD can witness Skaya Art’s participation and connect with its artists and representatives to explore collaboration opportunities and discover more about their offerings and expertise. WAD will unite more than 300 local and international exhibitors from more than 60 countries, and will showcase diverse, accessible and original art all under one roof, from emerging artists to established talent. As well as being able to browse more than 4,000 artworks, art lovers and creatives of all ages will have the chance to immerse themselves in a non-stop schedule of experiential art activations and engaging live art performances, as well as curated art talks and workshops.