If you are on TikTok, you would know that makeup trends spread like wildfire. The ‘Marinated Makeup’ trend is now doing its rounds, bringing back the “Y2K” nostalgia.
Let’s break down this trend and decode the term ‘marinating’. What will you need? Patience. This grungy glam look requires carefully selected makeup essentials to blend well with natural skin oils. This look requires barely any foundation instead of the clean girl aesthetic of painting the foundation on your face. This is a ‘no makeup look with a focus on the eyes. Watsons, Asia’s vibrant and much-loved beauty concept store in the UAE, has compiled top product picks to experiment with to nail the latest TikTok trend.
Get Set Marinating!
- Clean your face with your skincare and apply the Barry M Lid Lock Eyeshadow Primer.
- Start applying Isadora Eye Sculptor Bar Eyeshadow Palette from the lightest colour on the palette to the darkest colour.
- Add a little glamour with Girlactik Loose sparkles eyeshadow to your eyes for extra drama.
- Smudge the shadows with Marionnaud Dual Smudger & Precision Face Brush.
- Sculpt your brows with Rimmell London Brow This Way Eyebrow Sculpting Kit Brow Powder.
- Add Maybelline Fit Me Medium Coverage Concealer and let it bake for 10 minutes.
- Blend the concealer and add Rimmell Kind & Free Moisturising Skin Tint Foundation.
- Finish your look with Maybelline Falsies Lash Lift Curling Mascara Ultra Black to lift your lashes.
- You are all set for the day to rock your marinated grungy look.
Shop online on www.watsons.ae and in stores in the UAE, Qatar, and KSA.